Summer 2021 Weekend Workshop!
Saturday-Sunday, July 10-11, 2021 Online.
We welcome students on Cello, Guitar, Piano, Violin, Books 1 through 6 (recommended ages 6-16)
Pre-Twinkle Strings, Adult Cello (Bks 1-6), and Viola (Bks 1-2) also offered.
Register Here! Early bird price of $110 through May 15. Sibling discounts. (Pre-Twinkle: $50). We look forward to seeing you there! Contact us with any questions. To apply for financial assistance, see our scholarship form.
Included in the Workshop:
Group Suzuki Classes
Students work with a dynamic and engaging clinician, building on their musical techniques and skills while gaining fresh perspectives from a renowned teacher! Classes are grouped by instrument and level. (Pre-Twinkle for beginners is offered to violin, viola and cello only.) Students will have a chance to play individually and to interact with faculty. They will also prepare repertoire together for the Sunday Play-In.
Students (Lightly Row and up) meet with their instrumental specialist faculty and delve into in-depth work on a Suzuki piece of the student’s choice in a small group.
Enrichment: Folk Songs
Students put their instruments down, broaden their musicianship through folk songs and movement, learn new lyrics to their favorite Suzuki songs, and have fun.
Enrichment: Klezmer Style
Students pick their instruments back up, and learn the modes and rhythms of a lively Eastern European dance tune. Students in Books 4+ may also sign up for additional instruction.
Piano students stretch their creative muscles and gain confidence in the skill of improvisation.
Insightful conversations, practice advice and community support for your Suzuki parenting journey.
A calm, screen-free, asynchronous music and art activity for students to enjoy during breaks.
Play-In and Final Concert
On Sunday afternoon, all students and faculty will gather, first by instrument, then all together, to present their group pieces in a joyous finale.
Pre-Twinkle Strings, violin: Aimee Morrill Briant
Guitar: Seth Himmelhoch
Folk Songs Enrichment: John Krumm
Klezmer Enrichment, violin: Steven Greenman
Details for Workshop Participants:
- Saturday, July 10: Check in for all participants at 8:45 AM Eastern Time. Classes are 45 minutes and begin on the hour from 9-3 with a lunch break at 12 noon. Pre-Twinkle meets at 10 AM. Evening guest artist concert/Q&A at 6:30 PM.
- Sunday, July 11: Please check your schedule for your first class time (either 9 or 10am) and check in 10 minutes prior. Final concert ends at 3:30 PM.
- Masterclasses are held throughout the day and also can be scheduled later in the afternoons.
- Children must be supervised by a parent or caregiver. Participation of practice partners will ensure the best Suzuki experience for all.
- Registered participants will receive their individual schedules by email.
Click below for list of pieces to practice and prepare.